Come and work for us
Would you like to work at Thameside Primary?
Do you have an interest to work with children?
We currently have a SEN Teaching Assistant position available in the school.
Monday to Friday 8.45—3.15pm, 30 hours per week, Term time only
Salary RG3 scale point 5—7, £23,500 to 24,294 pro rata. Actual starting salary £15,932 per annum
Start Date: Immediate or as soon as possible (subject to recruitment and safeguarding checks)
At Thameside we celebrate inclusiveness, belonging and integrity as well as valuing and nurturing differences between us. This is an exciting time to join Thameside as we continue our journey to improve provision and progress for all of our children.
The school is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Teaching Assistant to join our diverse school and to work with specific children with complex SEND needs including willingness to work on a 1:1 basis.
We require a caring and supportive individual to work with young children with challenging behavioural needs to assist them with their development and learning.
The ideal candidate will have transferable experience of working with children with challenging needs. You must be resilient and be willing to persevere to build rapport with children with complex learning and behavioural difficulties.
It is a challenging but very rewarding role! You can make a world of difference to a child’s learning experience.
If you have experience of working with children in a similar capacity but not in a school setting, we would still like to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
· Supporting the class teacher to implement planned lesson learning activities for SEN children
· Interact and engage with individual pupils with complex SEN needs in a class and 1:1 basis through indoor and outdoor activities
· Keeping children safe in their surroundings and activities they engage in, including dealing with first aid incidents
· Providing administrative support to the class teacher to prepare resources for class or specific children
· Supervising children in the playground at break times and during lunchtimes
We are seeking candidates that have:
· Previous experience of working with children is preferable
· Commitment to working with children with SEND
· A good standard of English and Maths is essential, Grade C or equivalent
· An ability to work with a team and diverse staff/pupil groups
· Effective interpersonal and communications skills
· Resilience, patience and commitment to working with young people, some with challenging needs
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com for an application pack or download from www.thamesideprimary.co.uk, About Us, Come & Work for us! Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal-opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Will consider applications on receipt of application forms returned.
Interviews will be arranged on receipt of applications.