Come and work for us
MATERNITY COVER TEACHERS NEEDED FOR JANUARY 2024 (ONE Y3, ONE Y4)
Position: Class Teachers (Lower KS2)
Status: Two full-time, maternity cover positions
Start Date: January 2024
Salary Range: Teachers’ Main Scale or Upper Pay scale (dependant on years teaching experience)
Thameside Primary is a community school located in the heart of Caversham, just a 2 minute walk away from Caversham village. It’s a great community to come and work in.
At Thameside we celebrate inclusiveness, belonging and integrity as well as valuing and nurturing differences between us. This is an exciting time to join Thameside as we continue our journey to improve provision and progress for all of our children.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and ECTs.
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged; to arrange, please call Miss Lucas on 01189 37 5551.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and resilient teacher with excellent classroom practice to join our supportive, hardworking team. At Thameside, we put the children at the centre of everything we do therefore you should have the ability to inspire and enthuse our children as they progress through their learning journey in school.
You should be able to demonstrate you have great organisational skills to plan a day that ensures all children can make the most of the learning opportunities whatever the starting point or individual need, and a caring nature to support our children and help them grow.
You will be part of an effective and ambitious team that supports and challenges teachers to deliver the best possible outcomes for our children and promote the best outcomes for all our children including children with SEND.
We are looking to appoint:
- Someone who has the passion, enthusiasm and genuine desire to ensure that teaching and learning is the best it can be to meet the needs of our fantastic children.
- A passionate teacher with a focus on improving the outcomes for our all children in their class
- Has excellent subject knowledge or willingness to learn new knowledge to ensure our children can flourish in their learning journey
- Has up-to-date knowledge of current ideas / thinking around the National Curriculum and Childhood Development.
- Someone who is resilient and can build positive relationships with a range of children, including those children who struggle with the routine and structure of school life.
We are proud to offer you:
- A supportive, dynamic, dedicated and inspirational team of staff who firmly believe that they will make a difference to the pupils at our school
- An innovative, supportive and diligent leadership team dedicated to improving pupil outcomes
- An opportunity to be part of a continually improving learning environment
- Culturally diverse pupils who are creative and enthusiastic learners
- A comprehensive and supportive induction package to enable you to quickly feel part of the team
- Professional development opportunities for the career progression of ambitious and aspirational teachers
- A friendly school appreciated and supported by parents and the wider community.
Candidates will be interviewed on receipt of application.
For an application pack please contact the school office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
LUNCHTIME SUPPORT STAFF POSITION
Permanent position starting September 2023 (with some training days in July)
Grade RG2 SCP3 £10.90 per hour (£3,564 per annum)
7.5 hours per week Mon to Fri, term time only.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Lunchtime Support Assistant to join our lunchtime team to support children during the lunchtime break. This will include supporting children in the dining hall, encouraging children to eat their food, tidying and clearing down the hall, and supervising and promoting good behaviour and safe play in the playground.
You will join an experienced team of other Lunchtime Support staff in providing a fun and safe lunchtime experience.
If you are a team player and enjoy working with children please apply!
You will be required to work 1 hour 30 minutes (12.00 – 1.30pm) Monday to Friday, term time.
Please email Miss Lucas, School Business Manager for further information or to get an application form email@example.com
Interview on application.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.