What is Enrichment?
Thameside Primary School dedicates 5 full days (a total of 25 hours) of the academic year to running Enrichment activities for our children.
This year, the theme for Enrichment will be 'People who Inspire us.'
Through Enrichment, we aim:
- To give the children at Thameside the choice to explore new activities and subjects
- To encourage children to pursue their interests and ambitions
- To help build relationships with other children within their key stage
- To utilise expertise of staff
- To add activities that suit pupil needs (e.g. team building and strategy games)
- To increase pupil engagement.
How we will achieve this:
- Enrichment activities will fit into the theme 'People who Inspire us''
- Children will be allocated activities at random to ensure access to a good variety
- Activities will be offered by staff which reflect their own skills and interests
- Children and staff will evaluate their chosen activity and give their ideas on how it could be improved
- Sessions will have children of mixed ages within key stages (to impact positively on transition)
- Foundation stage children will be included in sessions from the summer term
Dates for Enrichment this year
- Thursday 17th November
- Wednesday 17th January
- Thursday 8th March
- Tuesday 17th April
- Friday 29th June
Please ask your child what they have been getting up to in their Enrichment sessions - we hope that they will come home enthused by the activities they have done!