What is Enrichment?
Thameside Primary School dedicates 5 full days (a total of 25 hours) of the academic year to running Enrichment activities for our children.
In 2019-20, the theme for Enrichment will be 'Book Bonanza'.
Children will have the opportunity to try their hand at five different activities over the year, selected from the following:
This year's Enrichment days will take place on the following dates :
Friday 18th October, Monday 16th December, Friday 14th February, Friday 3rd April, Friday 26th June.
We welcome parents/grandparents to come and join in as helpers. If you are free for all or part of any of these dates, please let Mrs Burton know via the school office.
Through Enrichment, we aim:
- To give the children at Thameside the choice to explore new activities and subjects
- To encourage children to pursue their interests and ambitions
- To help build relationships with other children within their key stage
- To utilise expertise of staff
- To add activities that suit pupil needs (e.g. team building and strategy games)
- To increase pupil engagement.
How we will achieve this:
- Enrichment activities will fit into the theme 'Book Bonanza''
- Children will be allocated activities at random to ensure access to a good variety
- Activities will be offered by staff which reflect their own skills and interests
- Children and staff will evaluate their chosen activity and give their ideas on how it could be improved
- Sessions will have children of mixed ages within key stages (to impact positively on transition)
- Foundation stage children will be included in sessions from the summer term
Please ask your child what they have been getting up to in their Enrichment sessions - we hope that they will come home enthused by the activities they have done!